Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Southern Race






That was a great and fun race. I was expecting a lot of participants but not that many. The race was also pretty special because both my mom and dad joined the 3k and of course my one and only son Rafael.

I have been nursing a cold since yesterday. I actually didn't get enough sleep last night because my colds were really bothering me. I couldn't breathe thru my nose. I ended up sleeping for only 4 hours. My son on the other hand was so excited for today that he ended up sleeping late as well and waking up very early.

In any case, despite the odds... I still went to the race. I was having 2nd thoughts last night because I wasn't feeling well. But heck!! I waited for this race for a long time... hehe.. colds or no colds I am running. I'm glad I did. It was so fun. I joined the 5k as usual. I'm doing another 5k this Sunday and then I am eventually moving to 8k (5mile). Afterwhich, I will brave the 10k. I think I can do it...

The race started out beside Starbucks ATC. The first 50 meters was already hilly. A lot of people ended up walking the first 50 meters.. I didn't.. I started out running and finished running. I passed a lot of runners and I feel so good about it. As a matter of fact, even with lack of sleep, I feel that my energy level has improved a lot...

The 3k runners started 5 minutes after the 5k runners. I actually caught up with my mom and dad and Rafael at the last kilometer. I kidded my son saying "Hey Rafael, why are you still here? Are you running the 5k?" I go, "C'mon babe we can do this". And we ran the last kilometer with gusto. I still finished ahead of Rafael clocking in at 43 minutes.

I didn't feel tired at all which is a good sign. I was also wearing my new Mizuno Running Shoes which are soooo comfortable. I'm very happy with it.

I'm glad that more and more people are taking up running. It's a good way to spend your Sundays with the Family. The Southern Race was a very well organized race. I didn't see the water stations though along the route but I know there were. I had my own bottle of water so that's just fine. At the end of the route, they were giving out water in very small cups... I think I ended up using up more than 20 cups...hehe.. sorry .. I feel guilty. It's like I don't care about the environment.

Can't wait to do the Botak run on Sunday (May 10). I already registered at 5k... It's going to be in The Fort. First time I will be running in that area... Again, can't wait...

To my mom and dad, great run... I hope you continue running. It's very good for the heart. I hope Rafael continues to run as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment