Monday, May 25, 2009

Auto Review - May 24, 2009

I've been running in weekly races consecutively for the month of May. The reason why I chose to run in this race is because I knew that the route is going to be challenging.. McKinley Hill kaya... The route didn't disappoint me :)

I was very excited pero mukhang hindi because I was kind of late meaning not enough lead time before the start of the race.. I almost jumped from the car because I really thought late na ako... Good thing they had calisthenics before the race... hehe... cute yon ha...

I rushed my stretching somewhere in the grassy part of the starting area.. I was so intent on my stretching exercises that I didn't notice that red ants were crawling up my shoes.. until one bit me.. I was shocked because my entire left shoe was almost filled with red ants.. Siyempre.. panic ako I screeched I think and ran to the sidewalk pounding my feet incessantly... Kainis!!! Sakit kaya nung kagat ng langgam... buti isa lang... good thing my son wasn't bitten by them kundi lalo pa akong maiinis!!

I liked this race because of the varied participants... The first 2.5 km was mostly uphill.. My heart was pounding so hard after the 500 meters that I doubted if I can finish the route within a decent time... Then I thought, I've been running 8Ks in the gym... Surely I can finish this within 40 minutes...

My running pace improved a lot after the 2.5km mark.. Most of the runners ahead of me stopped at the water station to drink.. I didn't do that because I always make it a point to bring a bottle of Gatorade during a run.. kahit 5k lang hehehe... They gave out rubber bands for the mark which is good kasi I can use it after :) Talking of frugality huh..... I was running and breathing steadily..... No pains at all .. my legs felt really good... In the end I finished the race in 36 minutes... Personal record for me.. Sana accurate ito .. I'm still using my son's Php250 watch eh...
(My sister in Singapore was kind enough to buy me a Garmin 305... arriving in 10 days... Can't wait.. Thank you Tita Lerie)...:)

I wrote my name on the finisher's wall. I felt really good..I hope that I'll be able to write my name on more walls.. in more races in the next 20 more years....

No comments:

Post a Comment