Sunday, May 10, 2009

Botak Paabilisan May 10, 2009





The Botak Run started at 6:00 am and yet I was in the venue as early as 4:30 am!! Lesson learned, check out the exact schedule of your run. Yung 4:30 am pala are for the 42kers... Asa pa ako. So I had time to stretch and do one whole round of slow and relaxed running around high street.

The run for the 5kers started at exactly 6:00 am. Pretty good turnout of participants. The route was again not flat. The 5k is really starting to get easier so I guess it's really time to move up to 8k or 10k. I do my run at consistent pacing for the first 4k then try to increase the pace at the stretch. I felt really happy that I still felt very strong when I reached the finish line. I clocked in at 44 minutes....

My kumpare ran as well today and I'm impressed. He ran the 10k and clocked in at 53 minutes. He's the ninong of my son who's also going to be a priest soon... Kaya pala fit na fit eh kabayo pala tumakbo... :) We all had breakfast at Seattle's Best after with Rafael, my sister, her husband and my niece...

I had the chance to see my form through a short video that my son took of me.. Not bad.. So, in order to keep the challenge up.. I registered immediately for the 8k this coming 17th also in The Fort... The route map looks great. I was able to encourage my family to run the 2-mile as well. Can't wait...

While going around Serendra at 12:00pm, we saw 42kers still walking towards the finish line. They started at 5:00 am.. It must be excruciating to be under the sun for 7 hours running or walking for that matter. I am amazed at their will power. I hope someday I can do that. I will work towards that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment