Friday, June 19, 2009

PTAA Charity Run - Running with a Bud

What I like most about running is that it's an individual sport. I can do it alone. When you've been tied up with work for a number of years (like 14 years! :) and taking care of a kiddo single-handedly , you rarely have time to mingle with friends ... and so little by little you step out of that social circle and realize after awhile that you don't get invited to parties and get togethers anymore... haha.. I've been trying to encourage my colleagues to run with me but wala pa eh.. Too busy with work and family .. I understand completely... Felt the same way.. It takes a lot of willpower to allot more than an hour to run... I always tell them though that once they start, they will get hooked because the possibilities are endless. The distance range goes on and on and on..........

Running alone though is always worth it but running with a buddy ........ now that's different... It's a different kind of fun... I was lucky enough to have a running buddy during the PTAA Charity Run in UP. He had to sacrifice his time though to pace with me. And true enough, he got his PR for his slowest 10K :) while I did better at 1:19:07.. Hahaha... But, I kind of felt dependent on him because I knew he runs a lot faster than me and has a lot more experience... I had this feeling that at any point in time I have somebody to get encouragement from because I'm sure he will always be running strong even if I'm feeling wary already... But the reality is you don't always get to run with a buddy right? New as I am to running (4 months) I don't really know if it's better to self-train or run with a group/with a buddy... hmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment