Monday, June 1, 2009

Missing IE8

I missed the IE8 run last Sunday. I was registered for the 4 mile. I flew to Occidental Mindoro last Friday and supposedly be back in Manila Saturday night. The weather there was soooo uncooperative. My flight got cancelled, rebooked the following day early morning only to get cancelled again.

I was in San Jose Airport as early as 5:45 am. The one thing that was running through my mind was the IE8 run dahil sobrang naiinggit ako sa mga tatakbo. I was irritated and frustrated with the airline and the weather. Of course I was just being irrational because I so wanted to run. I thought I should have brought my running gears with me so I can run the beach in front of the airport. Makatakbo man lang. To top it all, my family ran!!! I asked my dad to run my number. He exchanged it for a 2-mile distance with his name dahil magiging kulelat daw ako if he runs the 4-mile. Hehe. My ten-year old son registered for the 2-mile and he enjoyed it too. My sister, mom and brother in law all ran as well. They all said it was a very very very nice race. A lot of freebies, good weather etc... Tapos ako yung wala!!! Grrrrrrr..........?Grrrrr............ Grrrrrr talaga...

My mom even made me listen to the countdown of the race. I was stuck in the airport and they were waiting for the countdown. I can hear the runners and it sounded like everybody was excited just like all other races. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy............ Kung pwede lang magpaka-superwoman yesterday ginawa ko na... Di bale bawi na lang sa Sunday Mizuno Run. I'm running my first 10k by the way. This time I will make sure that I'm in Manila the entire week. No provincial trips. Mahirap na... Lulungkot na ko nang sobra... :)

4 comments:

  1. Sayang, the weather was perfect for racing. Good luck on your first 10k! :)

    Regards,
    Luis
    http://gingerbreadrunning.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. bankrunner, nice blog with nice pink color. don't worry, there will be more races to come. your blog reminds me of jaime donaldson's blog who is now the top lady ultrarunner in the USA & won #3 in last year's badwater ultramarathon. you can visit her blog at www.altitudeultrarunner.blogspot.com. good luck in your training and races. keep on posting...fm bald runner

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an agony for a runner. I would have felt the same. So be sure to pack some running clothes and shoes in your travel. It's a must. See you in Mizuno.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sir BR.. I really wish I can be an ultrarunner... thanks for the comment... ginanahan ako dun... :) My pink blog is really just because I don't know how to change the settings... :) I have to learn how to navigate this blogthing more... :)

    Gingerbreadman... thanks for the gluck.. I'm nervous na but I'm ready... :) Ran my first 10K yesterday.. treadmill nga lang... sarap talaga...

    manokan/jinoe.. I will keep that in mind...

    ReplyDelete